Monday, November 19, 2012

Second Skin Leather


Recently I attended a presentation by Ken Downing (Neiman Marcus Fashion Director) in which he said, “Leather is the new fabric of our lives.  Goodbye cotton!”  To me, this speaks volumes.  It really is the next huge thing!  I was going to add some leather pieces to last Monday’s post but decided they really need their own column!  Here are just a few of my favorite leather or faux-leather items for Winter.  Keep in mind- they are suppose to be second skin.  Confidence is key! 

YOU NEED LEATHER LEGGINGS.  I don’t care if you are a size 0 or 14, they are a serious winter necessity.  I style mine with a longer sweater/tunic (below left) but feel free to wear a normal top of your choice (below right). 

Neiman Marcus Vince Leather Leggings
Nordstrom's Mimi Chica Faux Leather Leggings


The Vince leather leggings are going you a pretty penny, but being the true shopaholic I am, I have found you a pair that won't cost you more than your weekly Starbucks addiction! I personally own the faux pair and no one can tell the difference! 

I saw this Urban Outfitter's Leather Peplum Top on a friend on Facebook and knew I had to  have it.  Thanks to Kristen K. for finding this gorg top! It looks so great in person and the peplum is so in right now.  


For the daring- this Madewell Zipline Skirt in Leather is HOT HOT HOT.  Leather is going to be huge for spring and I think you will be able to transition this skirt perfectly.  Wear now with: tights, booties and a sweater. Wear later with: black pumps and some fresh-from-the-beach-tan legs.  


I am truly lusting after every piece of Diane Von Furstenburg’s fall/winter collection.  I dreamed about this Medya Leather Dress the other night and was saddened to wake up and realize it wasn’t in my closet.  I am going to have to wait till it goes on sale to purchase, but isn't it so chic! 




XOXO
Little Miss Wade




No comments:

Post a Comment