Thursday, November 29, 2012

Living the Good Life: Moving to Dallas

Hi Friends!

I am so eager to announce I am officially moving to Dallas Saturday! I have been commuting for the past few months and it's just not cutting it anymore.  I am so excited to hang out with all my BFFs over there ALL the time and be in the greatest city in the world (besides Ft. Worth, of course) permanently.  

With moving, comes a lot of freaking trouble.  My closet has grown exponentially in the last few months (thank you Neiman Marcus) and I'm not just talking clothes.  I have so many more handbags and shoes too, since my last move in May.  Packing is going to be a such. a. pain.  

I have gotten to buy basically everything new (furniture wise) which has been SO fun and exciting.  Furniture shopping isn't as fun to me as clothes shopping, most of all because I like instant gratification and my coffee table isn't being delivered till Sunday.  The anticipation is killing me! Also, buying a dress to wear like 1 or 2 times is a no-brianer, but a couch is like a dress I have to wear everyday for the next couple of years, AH!!!

The style I'm going for is rustic shabby chic.  It's a new design style- I thought up in my head.  I bought a shabby chic style couch, chair and coffee table.  I am mixing it with a granite end table and I am on a big hunt for an antelope print rug.  Unfortunately, antelope don't just run freely on the golf course behind my house, so I am going to have to scourer the internet for the perfect print.  I am going to accessorize with various gold baubles.  Pictures to come! 

I am also hoping to pick up this beauty from Restoration Hardware.  This will add just enough rustic, as well.  I have seen this in person in a friend's house and it looks super chic with baubles hanging from it.  


Restoration Hardware Iron Stag Head 
So, whenever you bring over your housewarming gift (I prefer white wine to red) don't forget to bring something that will match my rustic shabby chic apartment! 

XOXO
Little Miss Wade

2 comments:

  1. SO excited for you, but going to miss our dinner and workout dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you know i'm crashing with you all of christmas break!!

    ReplyDelete