Thursday, January 3, 2013

Restaurant Review: Javier's Gourmet Mexicano

If you're from Dallas or visited, you've been to the famous Javier's! I have gotten the feeling that it is the Dallas version of Fort Worth's Joe T. Garcia's.  But, it is SO much more.  It isn't tex mex.  No queso served here! But, this place was amazing.  Oh my gosh.  My friend Ashley said I had to try it.  I'd heard mixed reviews, I was skeptical.  But a few girlfriends and I decided to wine and dine around 8 pm last Saturday night.  We needed somewhere fun and close to Uptown, and this place just popped in my mind!

For starters, you should probably make a reservation.  We ended up waiting about an hour and a half but the time passed quickly because they have a couple of bars.  

To drink: order a Mexican Martini.  It sounded weird to me, but holy COW! I couldn't stop with just one or two or three! These things must have had crack in them!!!


Mexican Martini via Javier's!
image via my iPhone

For an appetizer I would recommend Cheese Panela.  Basically, melted mozzarella cheese, chorizo, and peppers wrapped up in a flour tortilla.  I could have eaten this ALL NIGHT LONG! 

For your dinner, order the Filete Cantinflas.  Beef tenderloin stuffed with ah-mazing cheese and butter.  Topped off with mulatto sauce.  Served with rice and beans.  I split it and it was the perfect amount of food.  

For dessert, order the flaming drink.  No other explanation needed. 

This place is super fun, we had a small group and still had a blast.  For a bigger group for sure make a reservation.  It is kinda expensive (more than say Mi Cocina or Matitos) but well worth it! Don't expect your typical tex mex.   It is authentic Mexico City food, complete with a cigar bar! 

If you haven't been, try out Javiers!
XOXO
Little Miss Wade

2 comments: