Monday, July 15, 2013

Did you miss me? Napa Recap!

Hello Gorgeous!
Did you miss me? 
A girls trip to Napa came at a truly perfect time.
I think I could have stayed there forever, just the four of us, 
wining and dining our lives away.

The vineyards were beautiful, the meals were out of this world, and the wine...well there's just something about drinking wine in July in 60 degree weather in the middle of a vineyard in California that makes it taste even better.

Wednesday evening, we landed in Sacramento, greeted by Susu and her famous chocolate chip cookies. 
They really are the greatest. 
Even Better than JD's Chippery 
(my favorite Dallas cookie spot!)

Thursday we were up bright and early 
(this crew I traveled with are serious early birds!)
and off to the Valley!
After a quick grocery run, we were poolside, and the wine began to flow.
Thursday evening we were off to downtown Napa to celebrate the 4th with lots of cocktails and fireworks!


We ended up at Morimoto (yes, Iron Chef!) for some late night bites! 
I highly recommend this restaurant, as it is truly a treat.

Friday morning, we were up and at em early for a walk among the vineyards! 
We explored town, ate ice cream for breakfast and picked up champagne for mimosas.
We got ready for a day of wine tasting and sported our "I go both ways" 
(red wine and white wine) 
t shirts!!!


A fabulous lunch at Mustard's Grill is a total must if you are in the valley.  
We enjoyed the sweet corn tamales, cheddar-jalapeno corn stix, BBQ pork, burgers...
OK! Everything!!!

A pool party was in order after our wine tastings...then a cheese (and wine) tour of Napa...the hot tub...
the fun don't stop!

Saturday, we were up early for a full day of winery tours! 
Frank Family, Darioush, Robert Sinskey to name a few
a BUSY day in the vineyards!!!



An AMAZING dinner at Carpe Diem, where we drank Hannah's XXI birthday wine!
(We swear there was something funky in that vino, we got cray!)

A pit stop for ice cream after dinner made us sleepy and ready for bed but a quick 
(or not so quick) 
run in with a Bachelor party landed us at a nightclub!!!

Sunday, we were NOT ready to leave!
Unfortunately, reality bites.
A long day of traveling led us back to Big D

Last week was a big week of changes at work
(my poor blog got the bad end of that deal!!!)
BUT, I promise I am back with a FULL week of posts
ready for YOU!

What is everyone up to?
Lots of rain in Dallas
I am at a work convention- we were Karoake'in till the wee early hours!
Off to meetings! 
Much love to my blog readers, thank you for being so loyal!!!


I wish I was still in Napa...
XOXO
Little Miss Wade



No comments:

Post a Comment