Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baked Zucchini Fries

This is my favorite recipe that I have made since I got really into cooking. 
I think I would rather have these things than french fries!!!

Baked Zucchini Fries

Ingedients:
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup Garlic Salt
-2 Zucchinis, cut in half lenghtwise
-1/4 cup butter 
(Next time I would use eggs or egg whites to get the bread crumbs to stick instead of butter, however, the previous night I had a egg white disaster trying to make breaded chicken...well that's a story for another day) 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, cover your baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
2. Cut Zucchini into french fry looking sticks, and set out for a hour so that the zucchini will dry out and they will be crispier when they cook.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, grated cheese, and garlic salt into a bowl.  Melt the butter and dip the zucchini into the butter then into the bread crumbs combination.  
4. Cook for 20-25 minutes, the crispier the better in my opinion.
(Serve with buttermilk ranch or marinara sauce!)


These would be perfect for an appetizer or a side dish.  
Gosh, I am salivating just thinkin' about them!!!

Cook On.
XOXO
Little Miss Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment