Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The disappointment that is Milly + Banana Republic

(To me)
The most important thing 
(besides how beautiful it is) 
in a inexpensive retailer and fashion designer collaboration is the price point.  

Affordability.

$140 for a summer mini-dress isn't affordability 
and that's just what Milly for Banana Republic has given us.  
I am a huge fan of Milly. 
I love everything it represents 
(bright colors, floral patterns, and fun ladylike fashion)

However, (to me) this collaboration was a total disappointment.
The shorts were very J. Crew-ish, the dresses were odd patterns, the accessories were very cheap looking and the overall vibe wasn't half as great as last year's Trina Turk for Banana Republic collab.  
(which I loved!)

I do like this dress and only because it is an exact replica of last season's 
(which happened to be my best friend Amy's graduation party dress!)


Milly Bari Colorblock Maxi $485 (sold out)
Milly + Banana Republic Colorblock Maxi $165





















Did you like the new collab looks or were you disappointed?
Check it all out your yourself here.


Pick up your A-game collaboration goddesses!
XOXO,
Little Miss Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment