Monday, June 24, 2013

KILLIN it in the KITCHEN: Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast!

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
This was a great filling, homey meal.  My friends are still raving about this chicken! The jalapenos really smoked into the cream cheese giving it SO much flavor!!! 

Ingredients:
-A can of diced jalapenos (I used about 12 small fresh jalapenos because I LOVE spicy!)
-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
-2 8 oz. packages {low fat} cream cheese
-Pepper
-Sea salt 
-Dill
-Thyme
(adjust cream cheese & chicken breasts servings to amount of people you are cooking for, I cooked 6 breasts with 3 packages of cream cheese for 6 girls, I could have fed at least 12 with that much!)

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Melt the cream cheese down in the microwave, stirring frequently.
3. Dice fresh jalapenos and combine into cream cheese, adding pepper, salt, dill and thyme to taste.  I found it was great to add a lot of dill and thyme.
4. Cut off all excess fat from chicken and use a meat tenderizer to beat the chicken until flattened. The flatter the easier to roll.
5. Place the chicken in a Pyrex dish with the smooth side down and smooth cream cheese mixture on each breast.  Roll up the chicken and spoon the rest of the cream cheese mixture on top of the breasts. Tent with foil and bake for 45 minutes!
I served the chicken over leftover Orzo I had, but I would recommend Jasmine rice or quinoa to cut calories.  

I also sauteed fresh onions, squash and zucchini from my Pops garden with a lot of garlic and a little olive oil! 


My friends demanded the fruit salad seen here and it mixed perfectly with spicy chicken!!!


Will Food Network need a replacement for Paula Deen?
XOXO
Little Miss Wade

1 comment:

  1. Just pinned the chicken dish, can't wait to make my little chef!

    ReplyDelete