Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos

I just got a crock-pot a few weeks ago and I've been making things in it left and right. I mean all you have to do is dump stuff in there in the morning and when you get home from work your house smells amazing and BAM! Dinner is ready.

A recipe for the blog today...Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos!

Grocery Shopping List:
  •  5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Can of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes 
  • 1 Can of Chopped Green Chiles
  • 1 onion 
  • Taco Seasoning (I just used grocery store brand!) 
  • Cumin
  • Minced Garlic
  • Cilantro 
  • Corn/Flour tortillas or taco shells (whatever your peeps like best)
  • All the fixins for your tacos (cheese, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, etc.)


Dump in Order into the Crock-Pot:
  1. Chicken Breasts
  2. Taco Seasoning (the more the better!)
  3. Can of Roasted Tomatoes
  4. Can of Green Chiles
  5. Onion
  6. Teaspoon of Cumin, huge heaping of garlic
Dump Stage
 
Checked up on my crock-pot during lunch to make sure my kitchen didn't become a taco...
Slow cook on low for 6-8 hours, come back and your chicken should be fork tender and shred super easily. Chop up some fresh cilantro and serve those tacos, baby! 


Perfection.

I served up black beans and roasted veggies (onions and peppers) with these tacos for my girls and it was a huge hit! 

Cook away!
XOXO
Little Miss Wade 

2 comments:

  1. So PROUD of my little chef! I wonder who you learned from?? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were amazing. Well done Morgs!

    ReplyDelete